Thursday, June 30, 2005

things army pple do when they're bored.

something i wanted to post immediately after ORD. picked it up in the MPO's office in my final days as NSF but due to hongkong, i forgot about it. here it is:

RESIGNATION

I hereby would like to officially tender my resignation as an OFFICER.
I have decided that i would like the accept the responsibilities of a recruit again.
I want to be interviewed monthly and get someone to listen to my problems.
I want to be the parade state IC again and be my sergeant's right hand man.
I want to think that WOs are better than 2LTs when they actually back stab alot.
I want to do fire and movement with my platoon mates on a hot summer's day.
I want to have the POWER to call the SAF hotline and complain about my superiors
I want to return to a time when life was simple:
All I knew was waking up, falling in and listening to instructions.
But that didn't bother me cos i didn't know what i didn't know and i didn't care.
All I knew was to be happy cos I was blissfully unaware of all the things that should make me worried or upset:
No responsibilities.
No complains.
No late nights.
No training programs to plan.
No AIs/RMPs to prepare.
No LRI checks.
No BDO duties...etc.
I want to think that the world is FAIR, superiors are DEMOCRATIC
And that all Officers and WOs are HONEST and GOOD.
I want to believe that anything is possible.
I want to be oblivious to the problems around me and be overly excited by canteen breaks again.
I want to live simple again:
No computer crashes(only to face 70+ email the next day.)
No mountains of paperwork(red/blue booklets included.)
Depressing news, vehicular breakdowns, complain about and from my soldiers
And endless arrows from my superiors.
I don't want to be stuck in the politics between 2 LTCs
And get played around cos my rank is ikan bilis.
I don't want to be someone who men look for help from, WOs look down upon
And senior officers think of as inexperienced newbies(noobs).
I want to believe in the POWER of SMILES, ENCOURAGEMENT, KIND WORDS, TRUTH, JUSTICE, PEACE, DREAMS, REWARDS and being APPRECIATED.

So... here's my epaulette, ceremonial sword, handing-over certificate and monthly allowance.
I am officially resigning from OFFICERHOOD.
And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first cos...
"Hey! I'm the platoon IC!"

No comments: