Thursday, June 16, 2005

the western wind

random thoughts racing through my mind, like the western wind gone mad.
an uneasy day, spent pretty much alone,
gathering of feelings but unable to reach expression.
sometimes being lonely is great, sometimes not.

the western wind has shifted course, to the faraway land.
where trees grow in abundance, and flowers bloom to their hearts delight.
where you're walking a long road,
to the left, the vast sea of blue,
to the right, an imposing range of mountains, peeping over the clouds.

to a place i cannot fathom. only the light at my feet will tell me where i'm going.

17 Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,

18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.

No comments: