Saturday, February 04, 2006

only friends

time
only time can erase the memory of our love
and all those things that won't come true
yesterday i walked the streets, today i run in disbelief
from the memory of losing you

yesterday
when we were young our love was new and we had fun
playing games and wondering what to do
now yesterday is gone for me and all i have are memories
of loving and then somehow losing you

sometimes i let my mind drift endlesssly
and in the wind your face i see
smiling gently as you turn to pass
the love that i once had for you is gone and so's the meaning too
i guess it really never had a chance..
to last.

if you remember me and see me running through your memory
don't be afraid to turn and look my way
cause i'll be there
for just a while to catch the sunshine of your smile
to last me for another day
and if someday some new love asks about your love, about your past,
please tell him you and i were only friends...
you and i were only friends.

No comments: