Saturday, July 30, 2005

the thunder rolls on

what can you do when perseverence doesn't do you any good, and when hope is utterly useless? what else can you cling on to and what other possibilities can you harbour?

You called yesterday, to basically say,
That you care for me but that you're just not in love.
Immediately I pretended to be feelin similarly,
And led you to believe I was ok,
to just walk away from the one thing
that's unyielding and sacred to me

Well I guess I'm trying to be nonchalant about it,
And I'm going to extremes to prove I'm fine without you.
But in reality I'm slowly losing my mind,
underneath the guise of a smile gradually I'm dying inside.
Friends ask me how I feel and I lie convincingly
cause I don't want to reveal the fact that I'm suffering.
So I wear my disguise until I go home at night,
and turn down all the lights and then I break down and cry...

So what do you do when somebody you're so devoted to suddenly just stops loving you,
and it seems they haven't got a clue of the pain that rejection is putting you through?
Do you cling to your pride and sing "I will survive"
Do you lash out and say: "How dare you leave this way"
or do you just hold on in vain as they just slip away


i don't think that i'll see her again
but we shared a moment that will last till the end
you're beautiful
i saw your face in a crowded place
and i don't know what to do
you're beautiful
but i can't escape the truth
i will never be with you.....

No comments: