Wednesday, September 15, 2004

haha how u know sam's not going today ?

oh yah guess what happened to me on monday. i went to dig my ear with a cotton bud, what u can call a Q-tip. when i pushed the damn bud into my right ear, i was like oh shit!!! i can't hear on my right. i kept digging but the bloody wax won't clear. went to get water to wash it off but i still couldn't hear. FUCK. HOW. i'm gonna go deaf. maybe i perforated my ear drum. SHIT. tried to sleep it off but the next morning i was still had that fullness in my ear, oh that deafness feels like i just came out of zouk. it was a damn shock man, luckily i went to check "ear wax" on some medical website and they gave a whole chunk of diagnosis, and i found out my deafness is common, or rather, normal. its due to compacted/impacted ear wax, unlikely a perforation.

SO i spent the entire tuesday trying to read lips in the meetings. and trying to act normal. luckily no one "noticed" my deafness haha. so embarrassing. oh yah basically due to that freaking 8 hr meeting from 10am - 6pm where i was mainly just taking notes. anyways, i went to CGH at night and the doctor checked my ear and it was just what i suspected, compacted ear wax. he suggested "syringing" my ear haha. also known as "irrigation" i was like err.. needles involved? he laughed and said no.

i was made to sit down on a black leather seat similar to a dentist chair and he pulled out a huge syringe. WTF! but he took out the needle and i heaved a sigh of relief. " just relax, you would feel a little cold, and a little dizzy but its normal " .... ok dammit, just do it. he stuck the syringe into my ear and suddenly i felt my brain swimming. he pumped water through the syringe into my ear! the room started to turn and i started to see double.
i was like wtf.
" doctor, how come i feel like i'm falling from my chair."
"don't worry, we'll be done soon"
" er doctor, how come you have 4 hands?!?!!!"
"relax .... (and he continued squeezing the syringe)"
" DOCTOR !! i think i'm gonna faint."

at last it was done. and i was dying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi.. may i knw how much u paid for clearing the ear wax?